The mechanical engineering advising
worksheet will help you plan out your schedule of courses up through graduation.
Many courses are offered in sequence and only offered once or twice each year.
Therefore, it is important that you develop a plan so that you can graduate in a timely manner.
If you do not complete the advising worksheet before your advising appointment you
will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Advising Information Form
- Complete the Advising Information Form for the current semester.
- Write down any questions that you have for your advisor.
You may find some of your questions answered on the advising
Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Bring the Advising Information Form to your advising appointment.
- Click here to open the form.
- Advising Spreadsheet (Watch the tutorial movie if you need help)
- Select the appropriate semester from the pull down menu when you began taking courses.
- Click the arrow by each course taken in that semester.
- Continue with each semester up through the current semester.
- Select courses that you plan to take in the next semester or two.
- Be careful not to violate course prerequisites.
- Save the worksheet to the database so that it is available for your advisor.
- Watch the tutorial movie if you need help viewing the advisor's copy.
- Click here to open the advising spreadsheet.
- Schdule an Advising Appointment
- Click here to schedule an available time with your advisor.
- Make sure that you write down your appointment time.
- Show up to your appointment on time and bring your information form.